Uncovering Multi-Million Dollar Sales Opportunities Post-Merger
Our client’s recent acquisition placed intense performance pressure on sales leadership of the combined organization. Not only did the client need to cross-educate its sales forces on products, it also needed to marry and optimize the disparate sales models and account strategies of each company. The client engaged Symmetrics Group to design and lead the key post-acquisition sales and go-to-market planning activities.
Symmetrics Group Approach
Symmetrics Group identified key opportunities in the combined sales organization by:
- Designing and facilitating an accelerated, one-day team planning session that focused on the top 50 strategic accounts from each sales organization;
- Leading 100 joint account planning sessions across the US over a 6-month period;
- Integrating the disparate sales models and teams to get the most sales productivity from the combined entity (1+1=3);
- Creating opportunities for cultural “cross-pollenization”, knowledge transfer, and brand messaging via the joint planning sessions;
- Producing new sales opportunities based on the combined account wisdom and synergy of the newly combined sales teams.
Symmetrics Group and the account teams identified multiple new multi-million dollar sales opportunities (some $10M+) and created the high-level sales plans necessary for the teams to win them. After only 1/3 of the sessions, 50% of the incremental sales funnel goal was achieved. The sessions also helped identify a few troubled accounts in immediate need of management attention.
The Multigenerational Sales Team
More effectively leverage talent across generations who think, sell, and buy in vastly different ways and overcome generational obstacles to drive improvements in both individual and organizational performance.