Transitioning from a Transactional to a Long-Term Revenue Mindset
The company had three locations throughout the United States. It needed to establish a formal sales process to enable the sales team to transition from a transactional mindset and create new, long-term revenue opportunities by elevating the level of their customer interactions and deepening their understanding of their customer’s business through better account planning.
Because its customers ran the gamut from single aircraft owners to corporate fleets, the sales team needed to be more in tune with the unique needs of their customer segments to better position the full complement of service offerings. This would require improved sales processes, sharpening the team’s communication skills and teaching the team better prioritization and time management.
Symmetrics Group Approach
Our approach spanned sales process, skill building, and account planning priorities and included the following key activities:
- Interviewed business leaders and the sales team to understand the company’s challenges and priorities.
- Developed a new sales process model collaboratively with the client to meet the organization’s needs.
- Trained the sales team in a variety of areas, including listening skills, overcoming objections, negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Leveraging the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI), taught the team to identify thinking styles to better engage customers in productive selling conversations.
- Developed a customized Sales Opportunity Scorecard and account planning and maximization exercises that would enable better planning against sales goals.
- Examined relationship and account “white space” with the sales team to identify unexplored areas of opportunity within their customer base.
- Led the team in time management exercises to ensure they aligned their time allocation with the right priorities and revenue generation activities.
Our client’s business has experienced 23% annual growth over the eight years since engaging with us. So much of the growth is due to the strategic focus and significant revenue growth in top accounts achieved through disciplined account planning and deeper client engagement.
The Multigenerational Sales Team
More effectively leverage talent across generations who think, sell, and buy in vastly different ways and overcome generational obstacles to drive improvements in both individual and organizational performance.