Global Alignment to Support Salesforce.com Deployment in Asset Management
When we first engaged with this client, they exhibited highly regionalized and siloed sales processes and practices. Our client needed a common business architecture which would drive requirements for a single CRM system to improve business effectiveness and efficiency across the enterprise.
Specifically, the client wanted to define a set of foundational elements we called “Global Building Blocks”, which would serve as critical input into Salesforce.com requirements and improve the ultimate relevance and effectiveness of the Salesforce.com system.
Symmetrics Group Approach
Symmetrics Group designed and facilitated a collaborative process with sales and client service stakeholders to identify the right Global Building Blocks and develop globally-aligned content for each Global Building Block area. Our approach included the following key areas:
- Conducted an in-depth discovery process with sales and client service stakeholders from around the world to identify similarities and gaps in existing processes/practices for each business capability and to inform the definition of each Global Building Block area.
- Identified the Global Building Blocks inventory across priority business capabilities — Territory Management, Account Management, Contact Management, Lead Management and Opportunity Management. The inventory included definition of key terminology (e.g., what is an account?), alignment on common data attributes and how they will be used (e.g., assigning a type, status and health score to every account), and definition of a common schema for each data attribute (e.g., standard set of types and subtypes to be used for every account).
- Refined approaches based on our knowledge of our client’s business context and challenges, as well as industry best practices based on our experience with other global CRM programs.
- Facilitated a series of decision-making workshops with senior leaders representing U.S. and global sales and client service to gain alignment across all of the Global Building Block topic areas.
- Developed a high-level business process narrative that described the scope and purpose of each of the priority business capabilities to support the socialization of the Global Building Block decisions. This narrative helped to ensure that Global Building Blocks were leveraged appropriately during subsequent User Story Workshops for further requirements definition.
For the first time ever, our client established common business architecture and alignment across priority business capabilities for the U.S. and global segments. The definition and alignment of Global Building Blocks enabled the sales and client service functions to adopt a common lexicon and define a future-state view of how they will manage territories, accounts, contacts, leads and opportunities. The Global Building Blocks will serve as the baseline against which detailed business process definition will be based – all of which ultimately helps the technical teams understand the scope and complexity of the business environment to accelerate and increase the success of downstream Agile sprints.
The Multigenerational Sales Team
More effectively leverage talent across generations who think, sell, and buy in vastly different ways and overcome generational obstacles to drive improvements in both individual and organizational performance.