Our client was the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. The Advertising division helped consumers find, connect, and communicate with doctors about conditions, treatments, and wellness. Their advertising solutions reached, motivated, and measurably influenced behavior through proprietary content and tools that reach the largest audience of consumers right before their doctor discussion and treatment decisions (37 million consumers/month). As the end of the year drew near, this division realized substantial deals were in the pipeline and sought ways for their sales force to close these deals before year-end.
The end of the calendar year was a crucial time for the company to close advertising deals and ensure their programs were included in the following year’s advertising budgets. Although their pipeline looked promising, executives wanted to ensure their sales force was equipped with the tools they needed to get in front of their customers and close deals by year-end, as well as get ahead of the selling curve in the new year. The company engaged Symmetrics Group to develop a tailored program that would address these needs.
Symmetrics Group Approach
Symmetrics Group worked with the client on the following:
- Uncovered current challenges of the sales team through extensive discovery interviews
- Developed and facilitated a customized “Closing” training module in Q4 ’12 that helped them:
- Get to “yes” faster
- Be more direct, yet remain consultative
- Reach the key decision makers/teams/influencers/brand
- Demonstrate client value with every interaction in a competitive marketplace
- Shorten the sales process
- Developed and facilitated a customized training module on “Questioning Deep Dive and HBDI” in Q1 ’13 to teach the sales team how to:
- Use the Hermann Brain Dominance Instrument tool to uncover their customer’s thinking preferences
- Employ questioning techniques that align with thinking preferences for better results
- Apply these concepts throughout the client’s sales process
“The Symmetrics team gets it! Custom developed sales training that’s tailored to our unique needs and designed to deliver an immediate impact…they hit the mark perfectly.” – Mike Rosenberg, Group Vice President, Consumer Markets